Do you have children who love to watch Spongebob Squarepants? This is one of both of my daughters favorite shows. This is actually one of the shows I use to watch when I was younger too. It’s also one of the kids shows I can still watch now and not get sick of it. I’m sure if you are a parent, you know how it goes when a child watches the same show over and over again. It can get annoying at times. It’s a good thing Spongebob Squarepants is a kids show that some of us can still enjoy with our children.
I was recently sent The Adventures of Spongebob Squarepants on DVD to review. It includes the following episodes.
- Patrick-Man!- Patrick becomes the superhero Patrick-Man, who intends to clean up Bikini Bottom-whether it wants it or not!
- Mermaid Man Begins- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy letSpongeBob and Patrick in on their secret, heroic origins!
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy- When SpongeBob and Patrick hear that their beloved heroes are living in a nearby retirement home and they decide that the duo must come out of retirement, the aging superheroes discover their toughest challenge yet will be SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II- SpongeBob wins The Conch Signal from “The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy” and now he can summon the semi-retired superheroes whenever there’s an emergency. Rather than keep getting signals for “emergencies” like opening jars, the duo take SpongeBob along for their patrol to see what real crime fighting is all about.
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III– SpongeBob and Patrick are house sitting for Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy when theydiscover the evil super villain, Man Ray frozen in a tank. After setting him free, they are forced to take on the roles of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in order to re-capture the villain and save Bikini Bottom!
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV- When SpongeBob finds Mermaid Man’s utility belt in The Krusty Krab, he can’t help but take it and play with the buttons. But when he accidentally shrinks all of his friends and all of Bikini Bottom, he has to go to Mermaid Man and confess that he played with the belt so that they can try to return everyone to normal!
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V- Barnacle Boy, sick of being the sidekick, teams up with arch villains Man Ray and Dirty Bubble to cause havoc all over Bikini Bottom. Without his sidekick, Mermaid man is unable to stop them-until Patrick, Sandy, Squidward and SpongeBob team up with him to be his SuperFriends!
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture-SpongeBob and Patrick are not happy with the new movie about Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy which uses young, new actors to play their heroes, so they set out to make their own version of the movie using the real guys fresh from their retirement home.
- Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob– Plankton has brainwashed Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy and orders them to wreak havoc on the Krusty Krab. It’s up to SpongeBob SquarePants and his trusty spatula to save the day!
In this movie Spongebob and Patrick are trying to be heroes. In one of the episodes Patrick becomes the superhero Patrick-Man, who intends to clean up Bikini Bottom-whether it wants it or not. A lot of these episodes are about Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Spongebob and Patrick love Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy and they’ve always looked up to them. They’ve always loved to try to help them by being heroes themselves.
If you have kids that love Spongebob Squarepants, than make sure to pick up your copy today. This DVD was actually just released today too. I hope you’ll pick up your own copy and your kids will enjoy it as much as mine.
Disclosure: I received this product in exchange for a review. The opinions are all 100% my own and may differ from yours.