Do you love to take photos? I’m always taking photos. I probably take at least one photo a day. I’m always capturing some photos of my family. I usually take a lot of photos of my children. I love to see them grow up and looking back at these photos gives me so many great memories. I want my photos to turn out nice when I print them out as well. Normally when I want to print out a photo, I’ll print it out at home or I’ll take them to Walmart to get them printed. Taking them somewhere does cost money though. I wanted a way to get my photos to print out at home, but actually look like I printed them out somewhere that looks more professional.
I was sent the Epson PictureMate PM -400 personal photo lab to review. This is the perfect product if you’re looking for your photos to turn out nice. They can print out 4″ x 6″ and 5″ x 7″ photos. Some of the features of this photo lab include:
- Total wireless solution — print from iPad, iPhone, tablets and smartphones4; includes Wi-Fi Direct3
- High-quality photos, fast — print vibrant 4″ x 6″ photos in as fast as 36 seconds5
- Share prints for generations to come — durable prints last up to 200 years in album storage2
- Worry-free handling — photos are smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant1
- Conveniently print stacks of photos — Print Packs available (with ink and paper included)
- Print your favorite photos, PC-free — 2.7-inch color display and built-in card slot6 to preview and edit photos
- Easily edit photos — get custom prints with Auto Photo Correction; crop, remove red-eye and more
- Get your photos, your way — print in color, black-and-white or sepia, with or without borders
- Print or share, anywhere — easily print from a tablet or smart phone with Epson Connect™6; support includes Android™, Apple® iPad and iPhone, Chromebook™, Fire™ OS, Mac® and Windows® devices
This was very simple to set up. I followed what the instructions said, and it didn’t take that long to get it all set up and ready to go. I connected the adapter and turned it on. Next I took out the ink that was provided with the photo lab, and removed the yellow tape that was on it. Then I removed the cap and made sure to dispose of that carefully.
I opened up the inner cover next. By holding on to the cartridge with the green chip facing towards me, I inserted the cartridge at an angle. Then I pressed the ink cartridge down until I heard a click, so I knew it was in place.
Next I pressed the blue diamond looking button and waited for the ink to charge. This process takes about 4 minutes. After that was done I put the paper in with the glossy side up. Then I had to slide the edge guide against the paper, but don’t do that to tightly.
You can set up the paper as you’d like. Just go to the paper settings and make sure to choose the right one for you. I’ve been using the 4×6 in paper size with premium glossy. There are a few other options you can use as well.
Usually when I print out a photo it takes forever. With this Epson photo lab it takes seconds to get the photo to print. I couldn’t believe how quick it printed out and the amazing quality as well.
This Epson model also functions as a complete wireless solution with Wi-Fi Direct and seamless printing from an iPad, iPhone, tablet or smart phone. You can also put an sd card in the side and print out some photos from your sd card. This is the method that I prefer. I think it’s very simple to do. Your photos will load quickly once you put your sd card in and you can easily select the photo you’d like to print out.
One thing I really liked about this photo lab, is that it’s lightweight and smaller than a printer. I really love the size of this. It’s not going to take up a whole lot of space on my counter.
If you’re looking for a way to print out your own photos at home, then I highly recommend checking out the Epson PictureMate PM -400 personal photo lab. I’m extremely happy with mine. It’s nice to finally be able to print out some great photos at home. This is so much easier than going to the store to get them printed out. They look exactly the same as if I would haven’t printed them from the store. This way I get to print them out myself at home. I’ll save myself a lot more money this way as well.
I love to give pictures to my family, so now I’ll be able to print them from home and give them to my family members. I no longer have to wait for hours for a store to print them out. I can do them right from home and have my photos done within seconds.
Disclosure: I received this product in exchange for a review. The opinions are all 100% my own and may differ from yours.