Do you have children that love to watch shows on Nickelodeon? This is one of my daughters favorite channels to watch. They love a lot of the shows that air on this channel. I love that they have some great education shows as well. It’s nice for my daughters to learn a lot from these shows.
Have your kids seen one of the newest shows called Shimmer and Shine? My daughters were so excited when this show came out, and now they love watching it. I was recently provided with the Shimmer and Shine DVD to review. This comes with the following episodes:
- Genie Treehouse – Leah and Zac try building a treehouse but find themselves in over their heads. Leah asks her genies for a treehouse and is thrown for a loop when Shimmer and Shineturn her house into a house of trees.
- Ahoy, Genies! – When Leah’s bucket full of beach treasures floats into the vast ocean, Leah summons Shimmer and Shineto help her retrieve the loot. With the genies’ assistance, a typical day at the beach quickly escalates into a magical beach treasure hunt, complete with a treasure map, pirate ship, and a talking parrot.
- The Sweetest Thing – When Leah wishes for help making cupcakes for her school bake sale, she and the genies find themselves stuck with a giant birthday cake, some farm animals and a river of cupcake batter. How in the world will Leah finish her cupcakes without any wishes left, or worse, explain all this craziness to her curious (and hungry) neighbor Zac?
- Lights! Camera! Genies! – When it looks like Movie Night will be a no-go, Leah asks Shimmer and Shine for some movie magic help. But when they accidentally wish the movie to life, they turn Leah into a medieval princess with a flying dragon to tame in her own backyard.
- What a Pig Mess – When Leah’s party food accidentally gets run over by Zac in his battery-operated car, Leah needs to figure out what else to bring fast. Leah asks her genies for more Pigs in a Blanket, but the genies give her real pigs wrapped in a blanket. It’s up to Leah and the girls to catch the fast little pigs and find a way to fix this hog-sized mistake.
- Abraca-Genie – Leah notices Zac the Magician’s magic tricks aren’t going quite so well, so she calls on her genies for some real magic assistance. But Shimmer and Shine aren’t getting the tricks right either and suddenly more than a rabbit pops out of Zac’s hat – a whole zoo of animals. The girls have to find a way to fix the magical mess before Zac’s big performance.
- Dino Mite! – After searching endlessly for Zac’s missing dinosaur toy, Leah asks her genies to wish up a replacement and gets stuck with a real live Apatosaurus. Now Leah,Shimmer and Shine have to figure out a way to fix this behemoth mistake before Zac finds out – and it all starts with a little bit of dino training.
Shimmer and Shine are magical genies. Leah and her friend Zac get to experience the great magical world with Shimmer and Shine. Leah always gets to ask the genies for some help. She can get three wishes, so she must make sure to use them wisely. Sometimes these wishes don’t always turn out the way they wanted. That just means she has to be very careful with the way she makes her wishes. There is always a lot of fun going on with Shimmer and Shine!
If you have children that love this show, I’d highly recommend getting this video when it’s released on February 2nd. I hope that you pick up your very own copy then!
Disclosure: I received this product in exchange for a review. The opinions are all 100% my own and may differ from yours.