Disclosure: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
I love being able to save money. I try to find the best deals around that are going to save me money. I also love to help protect the environment as much as I can. Many times that means reducing your use of energy, which is something I am always trying to do as well. I know there are a lot of products out there that are great at helping reduce energy. Best Buy always seems to have great deals on products. They’re my go to place for when I’m looking for some good products for my home.
ENERGY STAR® is a great brand that will help you reduce costs on your utility bills, reduce energy usage, which will help protect the environment. You can find ENERGY STAR washer and dryers at Best Buy. I mentioned some of the great benefits of using these products, so if you love to save like I do, these washer and dryers are the way to go.
Many of the ENERGY STAR washer and dryers are equipped with advanced features that make cleaning and drying easier and more effective. They also save energy, which helps you when it comes to your energy bills. They will reduce the cost. When you save energy with these products, they’re going to also help protect the climate, which means that your kids and the planet will benefit for years to come.
You can make your laundry better by using the ENERGY STAR washer and dryers. They are better for your clothes, better for you and your family as well as better for the environment. The washers use a variety of sophisticated cleaning methods that are gentler on your clothes. The dryers use less heat and sensor drying, which reduces wear and tear on clothes from over drying.
By purchasing an ENERGY STAR washer or dryer, you can save $490 over the lifetime of an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer and even more with an ENERGY STAR washer/dryer pair. The ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers are 25% and 20% more efficient than standard models.
ENERGY STAR Washers
· Clothes washers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use 25% less energy and approximately 45% less water than standard models.
· A new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer will save you about $45 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model.
· Over the lifetime of the product, an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer saves:
o 1,100 kWh and more than 2.5 million BTUs of natural gas,
o 33,000 gallons of water,
o $490 over the product’s lifetime.
· If all clothes washers sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR certified, we would save more than $4 billion each year and prevent more than 19 billion pounds of carbon pollution annually. This is equal to the emissions from 1.7 million vehicles.
· ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers incorporate the following advanced features:
o Multiple configurations– ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers are available in either front-load or redesigned top-load configurations which include technology innovations that help save energy and water.
o Sophisticated wash systems– ENERGY STAR certified top-load machines clean your clothing just like standard models without wasting water to fill up the tub. Instead, these machines use sophisticated wash systems to cycle clothes through a mixture of water and detergent, allowing the clothes to be cleaned without using excess water or detergent.
o No central agitator– Front-load machines tumble clothes through a small amount of water instead of rubbing clothes against an agitator, while advanced top-load machines lift and tumble clothes through a reduced stream of water. Both designs dramatically reduce the amount of hot water and energy used in the wash cycle.
o High spin speeds– Efficient motors spin clothes two to three times faster to extract more water. Less moisture in the clothes means less time in the dryer and less energy spent drying clothes.
o Long live your clothes– Front-load and advanced top-load clothes washers’ sophisticated wash systems use a variety of methods to lift and tumble your laundry, lengthening the life of often-washed items. Additionally, because they are so gentle, many models can safely clean silk, wool and other hand-washables.
ENERGY STAR Dryers:
· Clothes dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use approximately 20% less energy than standard models.
· If all clothes dryers sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR certified, the energy cost savings would grow to more than $1.5 billion each year and 22 billion pounds of annual carbon pollution would be prevented. This is equal to the emissions from 2 million vehicles.
· ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryers incorporate the following advanced features:
o Low Heat Setting– Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look for the cycle that uses the least amount of energy, sometimes known as the “energy-saving” selection.
o Steam Cycles– Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as a steam cycle that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
If you’re looking for a new washer and dryer, or to just reduce your energy bills, make sure to look in to the ENERGY STAR washer and dryers at Best Buy. They have a lot of great options to choose from.