With it being summer, most kids are out of school or going to be out of school. A lot of kids tend to get bored quickly during summer break from school. Maybe your kids are wanting to always do something, but don’t really have the money to always do something fun. My kids would love to do a lot this summer. I know that some kids are wanting to go places and don’t have the money. My family enjoys going places, but it’s nice to have the kids earn some money themselves so they can buy some things they’d like to have or go somewhere that they want to go. My girls are young yet, but they understand that you need to have money to do things. I’m sure if you have teens, then they’ll know more about this as well. I’ve talked to my girls about ways they can earn some money. When I was younger, I use to babysit a lot. I still do some babysitting now since I work from home. I’ve got a great list of ways for kids/teens to make some money if they can’t get out and find a job yet if they’re still to young, or maybe they need extra money.
Here is my list of some of the ways that kids/teens can make some money.
- Babysitting. If you’re old enough to watch kids, this is a great way to make some money. This was one of the ways I always made some great money when I was younger as well as now.
- Lemonade Stand. This is always fun for the younger kids. My girls always enjoy doing lemonade stands. They love to get customers and give them some lemonade. They usually sell some cookies along with it as well.
- Mow Lawns. If you’re old enough to know how to handle a mower, then this is a great way to make some extra money. You may be surprised at how many people would pay you to mow their laws.
- Car Cleaning. Have a car wash. A lot of people would pay to have their car washed.
- Bake Sale. If you’re younger, have your parents help out with this. You can bake up some of your own goodies and sell them to make some extra money.
- Shoveling Snow. You may be surprised how many people don’t want to shovel and will hire you. Check with the neighbors around your area and see if anyone needs help shoveling.
- House Sitting. If you have anyone you know or neighbors, you may be able to house sit for them. Sometimes when people take vacations, they need someone to look over their homes. Some have plants and such that need to be taken care of.
- Dog Walking. Check around your neighborhood to see if anyone needs you to walk their dogs.
- House Cleaning. Many people hate cleaning or just can’t find the time to clean. Ask around to see if anyone needs help cleaning their homes. There are a lot of people out there that clean homes for a living too.
- Garage Sale. This is one of the easiest ways to earn some money. If you have some items you no longer need or want, have a garage sale for them. You can get rid of clutter and earn some money along the way.
- Collect Cans. Collect cans and earn some money. If you bring in cans, you can make a certain amount from each pound you have. Save them from your home or ask around for anyone that doesn’t save them. You can also go around outside and collect cans. Often you may see them laying outside from someone who threw them out.
- Rake Leaves. During the fall you can ask around to see if anyone needs help raking leaves.
- Grow and Sell Vegetables. If you have a garden during the summer, you can sell your vegetables. A lot of people love to get fresh grown vegetables from a garden.
- Make/Sell Crafts. If you’re crafty, you can make and sell some craft items. Things like jewelry, sewing, knitting or something that is crafty is always great. People love to buy craft items.
- Pet Sitting. Sometimes when people are on vacation they can’t take their pets with. They usually need someone to look after their pets. Check around and see if anyone needs help with their pets.
- Get a Paper Route. Sometimes they may require an age for this, but most of the times just about anyone can do this. You’ll probably need an adult to drive you around if you can’t drive yet, but you can make money by delivering paper. You can always pay the adult some money for gas and keep the rest for yourself from delivering the papers.
These are just a few of the ways kids/teens can be making some money. I’m sure you can think of some other great ideas as well. If your kids are getting bored this summer or have been asking for money, show them this list. Hopefully they’ll be able to make some of their own money.